Aya amwabo aya:
In yesterday's article, we saw how the civic and political boundaries have been redrawn in Kisii County. How about Nyamira County? can I still run for office from Nyamira County, this year, 2013 or 2030? I do not see why not but I will tell you why the fight is tougher in Nyamira County.
First, more wiggle room has been created in Kisii county with the split of Bobasi/Bomachoge and Kitutu Chache. Kisii County has two new constituencies now. What about Nyamira? Nyamira County, has only one additional constituency, which is Borabu. And what does this mean? There could be political blood as aspiring candidates jostle for seats.
Why was North Mugirango not split into three constituencies in spite of it's large size? Only the IIBRC knows but the rest of what they did is presented below:
Good luck to all the political aspirants of Nyamira County. Below, Nyamira County Constituency Boundaries, With Existing Wards. Map image too Small? That's easy. Click on the map twice to expand it. Thanks.
(i) Public Presentations and IIBRC Proposals on Constituency Boundaries:
1. Proposals related to Kitutu Masaba Constituency:
- Kitutu Masaba comprises of Manga and Masaba Districts:
- Manga district has three divisions namely: Magombo Division, Kemera Division and Manga Division;
- Masaba District has Gesima Division, Rioma Division and Gachuba Division;
- It was suggested that Kitutu Masaba be split into two as follows:-
A. Kitutu Masaba Constituency
B. Central Kitutu Constituency
- It was also suggested that the constituency can be along river Kuja as follows:-
A. Kitutu Masaba South Constituency.
B. Kitutu Masaba North Constituency.
(i) There was a proposal that the existing 11 wards to the following:- Nyamakoroto, Riamoni, Esami, Rigena, Geni, Nyaganya, East Kitutu, Sirate, Nyaguku, Gekano, Nyakongo, Ritongo, Nyikuro, Kianguso, and Nyangina.
Kitutu Masaba Constituency:
Magombo Ward, Gachuba Ward, Rigoma Ward, Getare Ward, Biticha sub-location in East Kitutu Ward, Nyankoba Ward, Tombe Ward, Omogonchoro Ward, Bugwendo Ward, Miriri Ward, Kemera Ward and North Manga Ward of Nyamira County.
2. Proposals related to North Mugirango/Borabu Constituency:
- Divide the Constituency into two as follows:
(A). Borabu Constituency (Borabu district)
(B). North Mugirango Constituency
- Recommended that the Constituency has 17 wards and should be increased to 30 due to population of the area. The following should be divided:-Omonono ward 2, Mekenene ward 2, Esakia ward 1, Central ward 2, Central ward 2, Nyanamba ward 2, Matutu ward 1, Mageri ward 2, Magwanga 3, Kiang‘eni 2, Umwagamo 2, Itibo 3, Bokeira ward 3, Obwani 2, Mokunguni 2 and Ikonge 2
North Mugirango Constituency:
Omonono Ward, Nyaramba-Nyangoge Ward, Mageri Ward, Magwagwa Ward, Itibo Ward, Bokeira Ward, Obwari Ward, Mokomoni Ward, Ikonge Ward, Bomwagamo Ward and Nyankono- 173 ward 2, Esakia ward 1, Central ward 2, Central ward 2, Nyanamba ward 2, Matutu ward 1, Mageri ward 2, Magwanga 3, Kiang‘eni 2, Umwagamo 2, Itibo 3, Bokeira ward 3, Obwani 2, Mokunguni 2 and Ikonge 2 Kerumbe sublocation in Kiangeni Ward of Nyamira County.
Matutu Ward, Ensakia Ward, Gesima Ward, Embaro sub-location of East Kitutu Ward, Mochenwa Ward,Central Ward, Bocharia Ward, Nyasore Ward, Esise Ward, Manga Ward, Mekenene Ward and Kitaru sublocation in Kiangeni Ward of Nyamira County.
3. Proposals related to West Mugirango
- The constituency has currently 12 wards and it is suggested that each ward be divided into two to form 24 new wards.
West Mugirango Constituency:
Rangenyo Ward, Kebirigo Ward, Sironga Ward, Nyamira Ward, Bigege Ward, Motagara Ward, Bogichora (Part) Ward, Keera Ward, Bonyamatuta (Part) Ward, Ikobe Ward, Miruka Ward and Motontera Ward of Nyamira County.
- Emerging Issues (Acording to the JLA Report)
(A). Kitutu Masaba:
It emerged that about 60,000 people were moved to Borabu constituency without consultation while some constituencies with less people were given more constituencies.
(B). North Mugirango:
Some wards were moved to the existing or new constituencies. The requested number of constituencies were not granted. The community of interest request for North Mugirango to be splitin two was not given.
Note: The wards used by IIBRC in delimitation of constituencies are the local government electoral units as per 2007.